Paraprosthetic aortic valve abscess represents a rare, but lethal complication of infective endocarditis. We report a case of proximal left coronary system compression by a paraprosthetic aortic valve abscess whose detection was augmented using live/real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography. Our case illustrates the usefulness of combined two- and three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in detecting this finding.
- coronary artery compression
- paraprosthetic aortic valve abscess
- proximal left coronary system compression
- three-dimensional echocardiography
- two-dimensional echocardiography