The Regulators of Complement Activation (RCA) are a fascinating group of proteins that play important roles in innate and acquired immunity. In this review, we examine structure-function aspects of three membrane-bound RCA proteins and discuss the unique impact of their genetic organization on their evolution. Copyright (C) 2000 Elsevier Science B.V.
- CR1 (CD35), MCP (CD46) and DAF (CD55)
- Complement regulatory proteins
- Functional domains of CR1, MCP, DAF
- Pathogen interactions with CR1, MCP, DAF
- Regulators of complement (RCA) genes/proteins
- Structural variations in mammals of CR1, MCP, DAF